**NEW UPDATE 5/7/16 – v22.214.171.124
- OpenVR binaries updated to 0.9.20 (ValveSoftware/openvr@d645dba)
**NEW UPDATE 5/6/16 – v126.96.36.199
- Added initial angular velocity support. It is now possible to spin stuff!
- For testing purposes added ability to toggle angular velocity support with Button 2 on each hydra. It is enabled by default when IMU emulation is active.
**NEW UPDATE 5/3/16 – v188.8.131.52
IMU emulation: this feature enables the user to throw things with the controller. Since this introduces a considerable amount of jitter – even when the controllers are stationary – it is not enabled by default. To enable it, you have to press
BUTTON 1on each controller.
Today is the day all of us old Hydra users have been waiting for! That’s right! Valve has released official driver support for the Razer Hydra on SteamVR! This means anyone with a DK2 or a CV1 and a Razer Hydra can now play ALL of the HTC Vive games that are built in SteamVR! So much more content to enjoy!
If you’ve been waiting for motion controls with the CV1 or DK2 wait no longer! So far everything I have tested works great! If you need help getting it working please let me know and I will be happy to help you get it working properly!
Here are the links you will need to get started:
- Razer Hydra Driver For SteamVR – GitHub
- Razer Hydra Wiki For SteamVR – Github < This link has the files you need! NOW EVEN EASIER THAN BEFORE! JUST INSTALL THE .EXE (delete previously added hydra folders if upgrading)
Don’t forget to install dependencies!!!
- Install SteamVR. It is under “Tools” in everyone’s Steam Library. steam://install/250820
- Install “Sixense SDK for the Razer Hydra”. It is also under “Tools”. steam://install/42300
- Fetch the OpenVR SDK 0.9.15 from https://github.com/ValveSoftware/openvr . That version SHA is c95571027b79644643bca044538144c96194c4f2. Newer version should also work with minor changes.
If that still doesn’t work, try this fix by “OZi187” from reddit!
Two other known issues: “VC redist 2015 x64 was failing to install due to windows not being updated.”
- Updated windows and then reinstalled VC 2015 and that fixed part of the problem.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 needed to be reinstalled also.
I’ve done some work and also noticed that this works perfectly when using the SteamVR SDK within Unity. Everything is tracked perfectly!
Thanks a lot for checking out this article! I hope you found it interesting and informative! Please let me know if you have any questions or comments either below or on one of my social outlets! I really appreciate it. Also, if you think that you have something article worthy let me know! I love collaborating with the community! Thanks again!
of the VR Spies www.vrspies.com